Community Connections (OhioEdison/FirstEnergy)
Are you a customer of OhioEdison who qualifies for HEAP or PIPP Plus? You may be eligible to receive assistance from OhioEdison to make your home more energy efficient and reduce energy costs.
The Community Connections program, funded by OhioEdison, is designed to work with the Home Weatherization Assistance Program (HWAP) to provide customers with free services and repairs to make their homes safer and more energy-efficient.
Services May Include:
- Electrical safety inspections
- Electric furnace repair/replacement
- Electric hot water tank repair/replacement
- Insulation (all-electric homes only)
- CFL or LED light bulbs
- Low-flow showerheads and faucet aerator replacement
- Potential roof repairs
Who Is Eligible?
- Customers of OhioEdison
- Total household income must be at or below 200% of federal poverty guidelines
How Do I Apply?
To find out if you’re eligible and to start the application process, please schedule an appointment.
If you have any questions about eligibility requirements or services provided, please contact us.