Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA)/Tax Counseling for the Elderly (TCE)
The Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA)/Tax Counseling for the Elderly (TCE) programs are IRS-sponsored program designed to help low- and moderate-income taxpayers, individuals with disabilities, the elderly, and individuals with limited English. The VITA/TCE programs have resulted in millions of dollars returned to local taxpayers.
Services May Include:
- Free tax preparation services from IRS-certified volunteers
- Free credit report
- Direct deposit refund, which is available 7 to 10 days after submitting refund
Who Is Eligible?
- Anyone who’s annual income is less than $55,000
- Anyone who’s over the age of 60 regardless of income
- Available in all six of our service counties (Union, Delaware, Madison, Champaign, Logan, and Shelby) as well as Marion County
How Do I Apply?
Tax preparation services are offered from mid-January through mid-April at multiple locations throughout Ohio. Appointments are strongly encouraged, but walk-ins are welcomed.
If you have any questions about eligibility requirements or services provided, please contact us.